More and more men account for thousands of plastic surgery procedures each year. Compared to five years ago there are twice as many men who are undergoing cosmetic procedures, according to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons and Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgeons. As men become more and more comfortable with refreshing their look through plastic surgery, it’s normal to wonder about plastic surgical options and the best plastic surgeons to get the job done.
What are the Most Common Men’s Plastic Surgeries?
Trends in plastic surgery change over time. In the past few years, men have been interested not only in cosmetic treatments such as botox or skin care but also in plastic surgery procedures. When it comes to plastic surgery for men there are a wide variety of options. The most common are:
- Even with diet and exercise, men are just as likely to hang on to stubborn fat in some areas as women. If you’ve lost weight, liposuction is an effective way to remove pockets of fatty tissue so you can put the finishing touches on your new body. Liposuction is extremely versatile and can be used on many different areas of the body, including the stomach, thighs, hips, back, chest, arms, and chin. There are even different kinds of liposuction, and one may suit your goals for skin tightening or minimized scarring. Dr. Azouz performs High definition body sculpting, power assisted liposuction, Safe liposuction, tumescent, ultrasonic and laser liposuction. With all liposuction types, Dr. Azouz is able to perform liposuction with a quick recovery and with twilight (sedation) anesthesia.
- Male Breast Reduction
- Gynecomastia, or “man boobs”, is a familiar experience for many men. If you’ve struggled to lose the appearance of male breasts with dietary changes and exercise, it’s likely you can benefit from gynecomastia surgery. As body contouring techniques advance, you can achieve a more masculine-looking chest with little downtime or scarring so you feel confident both in and out of clothing. Many men choose to pair their liposuction and removal of gynecomastia with abdominal liposuction (daddy do over). Dr. Azouz also performs gynecomastia surgery with a quick recovery and with twilight (sedation) anesthesia. Dr. Azouz performs gynecomastia surgery with hidden scars through a minimally invasive approach.
- Male Eyelid Surgery
- One area where aging can become most visible early on is around the eyes. Whether it’s the upper eyelids that sag and affect your vision or lower eyelids that create tired-looking bags, eyelid surgery can remove dark circles or excess skin for eyes that appear more awake, and youthful. The best part is that this procedure can often be performed with little downtime or visible scarring. Combining a blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery) with body procedures or a facelift is a great option for many men.
- Male Rhinoplasty
- For men, the nose is a defining feature of a masculine profile. Men who feel that their nose doesn’t fit their features can find great results with rhinoplasty, as well as those who have suffered an injury that negatively affects their breathing capability. It’s often paired with chin augmentation to balance the face and achieve a chiseled, defined look.
- Male Facelift
- Men looking to rejuvenate their facial appearance can undergo a facelift. This surgical procedure eases signs of aging in the face and can both target sagging skin and smooth deep folds, achieving a younger look. Dr. Azouz is able perform mini facelifts, full facelifts and double layer facelifts in men with twilight anesthesia and an enhanced quick recovery.
How Do I Select the Best Plastic Surgeon for Me?
If you decide to undergo male plastic surgery in Dallas, it’s important to select the best plastic surgeon for your needs. Education, training, and experience are key elements to take into account when selecting the right choice for you. Dr. Azouz is a renowned, board-certified plastic surgeon in the Dallas area who specializes in plastic surgery for men. For over 30 years, Dr. Azouz has helped men achieve their aesthetic goals, delivering dramatic results when performing men’s plastic surgery. Dr. Azouz is joined by Dr. Solomon Azouz. Both plastic surgeons are board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.
Schedule a Consultation with Dr. Azouz
The best way to learn more about the right plastic surgery procedures for you is by meeting with Dr. Azouz in Dallas. Schedule your in-person consultation by calling (972) 702-8888 or contact us online to arrange an in person or virtual consultation if needed.
Posted on behalf of