According to The Aesthetic Society, Breast Augmentation is one of the top breast plastic surgery procedures for women in the United States. Breast Augmentation is a procedure performed by plastic surgeons that helps women to resize and reshape their breasts. Women interested in Breast Augmentation in Dallas can enhance their breasts with fat transfer or implants. Breast Implants are devices that can help women to go from a subtle change to a dramatic difference or a modest enlargement. If you are not sure yet which breast implant to choose, Dallas Plastic Surgeon Dr. Azouz will guide you to make an informed decision and select the best implants for your breast augmentation.
Breast Implants Types
Cosmetic breast augmentation offers two main categories of breast implants. What type is suitable for you depends on your cosmetic goals, implants cost, and reason to get the implants (cosmetic or breast reconstruction surgery). Dr. Azouz explains the pros and cons of each one, so you know which one can provide the best result for your body structure.
Saline Breast Implant:
- Saline-filled implants are approved for women at least 18 years old.
- They are inserted empty and filled with sterile salt water.
- Saline implants can last from 10 to 15 years or even longer.
- The incision site is smaller and less noticeable.
- Saline implants can enhance and project a patient’s natural breast tissue.
- In case of rupture, the saline is absorbed by the body and the implant shell needs to be removed.
Silicone Breast Implants:
- Silicone implants are approved for women at least 22 years old.
- The fill of silicone impants is meant to mimic the feel of the breast.
- There are regular silicone implants and more cohesive silicone implants known as gummy bear.
- Gummy bear implants can be formed into an anatomical shape and are cohesive in case of a rupture.
- Silicone implants’ rupture can go undetected. A MRI is recommended to check for ruptures.
- If a rupture occurs, silicone implants need to be removed.
Which breast implant is best for me?
Both Saline and Silicone Breast Implants are made to last and enhance the breast. To know which breast implant is best to reach your goals, it is essential to consult a plastic surgeon. If you are located in the Dallas metroplex, request your first breast augmentation consultation with Dr. Azouz, a board-certified plastic surgeon specializing in breast surgery and breast reconstruction.
In your first consultation, you will have the opportunity to explore your options for breast augmentation, discuss the pros and cons of implants, and decide which breast implant is best to help you achieve your new breast’s shape and volume.
Schedule a consultation with Dr. Azouz
Dr. Azouz, a board-certified plastic surgeon in Dallas, has helped patients in their journey to find the best implants for their patients according to their body structure, lifestyle, and expectations. Request your initial consultation with Dr. Azouz in Dallas by calling 972 702 8888 or filling out our contact form.