According to The Aesthetic Society, Breast Augmentation is one of the top breast plastic surgery procedures for women in the USA. Breast Augmentation is a plastic surgery that helps women to resize and reshape their breasts. Women interested in Breast Augmentation in Dallas can enhance their breasts with fat transfer or implants. Breast Implants are devices that help women to go from a subtle change to a dramatic difference. If you are not sure yet which breast implant to choose, Dallas Plastic Surgeon Dr. Azouz will guide you to make an informed decision and select the best implants for your breast augmentation.
Breast Implants Types
In today’s cosmetic industry, there are two types of breast implants. What type is suitable for you depends on your aesthetic goals, implants cost, and reason to get the implants (cosmetic or breast reconstruction surgery). Dr. Azouz explains the pros and cons of each one, so you know which one can provide the best result for your body structure.
Saline Breast Implant:
- Saline-filled implants are approved for women at least 18 years old.
- They are inserted empty and filled with sterile salt water.
- Saline implants might last from 10 to 15 years.
- The incision site is smaller and less noticeable.
- Some people say that saline implants feel more firm than natural breast tissue.
- In case of rupture, the water is absorbed by the body.
Silicone Breast Implants:
- Silicone implants are approved for women at least 22 years old.
- Silicone texture feels like human fat and feels more natural.
- There are regular silicone implants and more cohesive silicone implants known as gummy bear.
- Regular silicone implants create a fuller look.
- Gummy bear implants can be formed into an anatomical shape.
- Silicone implants’ rupture can go undetected. A MRI is recommended to check for ruptures.
- If ruptures occur, silicone implants need to be removed immediately.
Which breast implant is best for me?
Both Saline and Silicone Breast Implants are made to last and enhance the breast. To know which breast implant is best to reach your goals, it is essential to consult a plastic surgeon. If you are located in the Dallas metroplex, request your first breast augmentation consultation with Dr. Azouz, a board-certified plastic surgeon specializing in breast surgery.
In your first consultation, you will have the opportunity to explore your options for breast augmentation, discuss the pros and cons of implants, and decide which breast implant is best to help you achieve your new breast’s shape and volume.
Schedule a consultation with Dr. Azouz
Dr. Azouz, a board-certified plastic surgeon in Dallas, has helped patients in their journey to find the best implants for their patients according to their body structure, lifestyle, and expectations. Request your initial consultation with Dr. Azouz in Dallas by calling 972 702 8888 or filling out our contact form.