Breast implant removal surgery is a personal decision that many women make for a variety of reasons. While breast implant removal can improve comfort and satisfaction, post-surgery complications such as incision scarring, wrinkling, and indentations can occur. Board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Solomon Azouz employs techniques to minimize breast scars after surgery during the procedure. Furthermore, with proper post-operative care, patients can play an active role in minimizing boob job scars.
During a breast implant removal surgery, Dallas plastic surgeon Dr. Azouz uses a variety of incision techniques to minimize scarring. One option is to use the original incision from the breast augmentation surgery, given that it has healed well and is in an appropriate location. Dr. Azouz can avoid creating new scars and minimize additional scarring by using the same incision. However, the feasibility of this approach is dependent on factors such as the original incision’s condition and the specific requirements of implant removal. During your consultation, Dr. Azouz will perform a physical exam and discuss specific options for decreasing breast scars after surgery. When a new incision is required, board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Azouz will strategically plan its placement to minimize visibility. Some common options include inframammary incisions made under the breast fold or periareolar incisions around the areola. These techniques allow for the discreet placement and potential camouflage of scars within natural contours, with the ultimate goal of minimizing scar appearance after breast implant removal.
During your consultation, Dallas plastic surgeon Dr. Azouz will obtain a medical history and perform a physical examination in order to determine the most appropriate treatment options to address these concerns and achieve the desired aesthetic outcome.
Breast Wrinkling and Indentation Treatment Options:
Some patients may experience wrinkling or indentations on the breast skin or tissue after breast implant removal. These are some of the treatment options for boob implant scars:
- Breast Lift Surgery: A breast lift, also known as mastopexy, is a surgical procedure that can correct sagging, wrinkling, and reshaping of the breast tissue. To achieve a more youthful and balanced appearance, excess skin is removed, the nipple-areolar complex is repositioned, and the breast is lifted.
- Fat Grafting: To improve contour irregularities, fat is transferred from one area of the body to the breast. This technique can help to smooth out wrinkling and fill in indentations, giving the breasts a more natural appearance.
In addition to surgical options, there are non-surgical approaches that can help to minimize the appearance of wrinkles and indentations after breast implant removal:
- Breast Massages: Gentle breast massages can help promote blood circulation, reduce swelling, and soften scar tissue. This technique has the potential to improve the texture and overall appearance of the breasts.
- Breast Exercises: Specific exercises recommended by board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Azouz can help strengthen the chest muscles and improve breast contour. Some exercises may include chest presses, push-ups, and pectoral fly exercises.
Breast Scar Treatment:
Scar management after breast implant removal is important for minimizing the appearance of scars. Plastic surgeon Dr. Azouz frequently recommends the following:
- Silicone Gel Sheeting: Applying silicone gel sheets to incision sites can help hydrate scar tissue and flatten scars, allowing them to fade over time.
- Scar Massage: Massaging the scar tissue gently with clean hands or using specific creams can improve blood circulation, break up adhesions, and soften the scar tissue, resulting in a less visible scar. During your follow-up appointments, Dr. Azouz can recommend specific moisturizers to help with scar massage.
- Laser Therapy: In some cases, Dr. Azouz may advise patients to undergo laser therapy, which involves using a laser to stimulate collagen production, promote healing, and reduce scar tissue. This method can help to reduce scar visibility.
Patients can help reduce scarring by following Dallas plastic surgeon Dr. Azouz’s post-operative care instructions. Consider the following recommendations:
- Keep the Incision Area Clean: In order to prevent infection and promote healing, the incision area must be kept clean. Follow Dr. Azouz’s instructions, and keep the incision area dry and protected as directed.
- Avoid Smoking and Excessive Alcohol Consumption: Smoking and excessive alcohol consumption can impede healing and increase the risk of complications, potentially leading to more visible scars. These substances should be avoided during the recovery period.
- Consume a Nutritious Diet: A well-balanced diet rich in vitamins, minerals, and protein promotes wound healing and tissue repair, significantly reducing scarring.
- Attend your follow-up appointments: Dr. Azouz will see his patients for routine follow-up care after their surgery to monitor the healing process and address any concerns. Board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Azouz can then make additional recommendations specific to you.
While boob job scars can occur during breast implant removal surgery, there are several options for minimizing their appearance. You can promote optimal healing and reduce the visibility of scars after breast implant removal surgery by working closely with plastic surgeon Dr. Azouz and adhering to recommended post-operative care. Call (972) 702-8888 to schedule your consultation with board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Azouz to achieve your desired results and regain natural-looking breasts after breast implant removal.
Posted on behalf of